Sunday, September 14, 2014

Mr. K's bucket list


1.  Visit Fiji-  My wife and I have always wanted to travel to the beautiful country of Fiji.  This will be difficult to accomplish as it is located on the other side of the world.  As well,  if I go on my summer vacation, the seasons are flipped making it their winter.  If I travel across the globe, it better be ninety degrees.  I have a confession, technically I have been to Fiji. For a whopping 30 minutes, I was sitting on the runway at Nadi International airport while our plane refuelled on route to Brisbane, Australia.   






2.  Play golf at St. Andrews-  St. Andrews is often regarded as one of the oldest and most well known courses worldwide.  Many people refer to it as the "Home of Golf".  I enjoy watching and playing golf.  It is my dream to play at the "Old course" and walk across the Swilcan bridge which is located across the 18th hole fairway just like Tiger Woods, Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Tom Watson and many other legends.  Can you believe that on the seventeenth tee, you actually drive the ball over the edge of a hotel? Sounds dangerous!  



3.  Complete a Marathon

42.195 Kilometers or 26 miles and 385 yards!  To give you some perspective, the distance from our school to the Air Canada Center is about 50 Kilometers.  I think it would be an amazing accomplishment to be able to run a Marathon.  I'm not sure if the appeal of running a Marathon is it's one of the original Olympic events or that every year I'm curious to hear the winning time in the Boston Marathon.  After I finish a 10 km run, all I think to myself is I have to run four times this distance to accomplish my goal.  Small strides, but I know deep in my heart I can do it if I set my mind to it.  




4.  Write a weekly sports column

A typical Sunday morning would involve me drinking my coffee and scrolling through numerous newspaper articles and blog posts.  The topic always the same: SPORTS.  I think it would be fascinating to have people excited to read my weekly sports column.   I think I would call it "Brian's Take".....  I've already decided that I would write on a variety of sports including my favourites golf, soccer and hockey.  Maybe one day instead of rambling my thoughts to anyone who will listen I will actually write them down.   
















5.  Watch the Manchester Derby at Old Trafford

The Manchester Derby is one of the most exciting sporting events of the year.  My wife says I say this countless number of times throughout the year but I would love to take this game in live at Old Trafford.  Basically if you live in Manchester, half of the city likes Manchester City (Blue) and the other half of Manchester likes Manchester United (Red).... When these teams meet, it's team vs team, supporters vs supporters, which leads to great entertainment.  I guess the closest rivalry to the Manchester Derby in North American sports would be the Montreal Canadians versus Toronto Maple Leafs or the Boston Red Sox vs New York Yankees.    



No comments:

Post a Comment